Mistakes to Avoid After an Injury
Protect Your Rights in Walnut Creek, California
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a serious accident, it is important to protect your rights. We are passionate about helping the men and women we represent move on with their lives after serious injuries. For this reason, our Walnut Creek personal injury lawyer will do whatever it takes to protect your interests fairly and effectively.
Common Mistakes Made by Injury Victims
Every day, our team at the Fetto Law Group sees the common mistakes that injury victims are prone to make. These mistakes may seem minor but they can have a huge impact on the value of your final settlement - or even your ability to recover damages at all.
Common mistakes that many injury victims make include:
- Waiting to get medical treatment. It is important to receive the care you need. Your health comes first. Check the declarations page of your insurance to see if you have the necessary coverage to pay for medical expenses. Realize, however, that the longer you wait to get treatment, the more likely the insurance company will take advantage of you. Claims can be diminished if you do not get medical treatment, particularly if your failure to get medical attention results in a worsening of the injury stemming from the incident.
- Failing to obtain photo documentation. Take detailed pictures of your vehicle, the scene of the incident, your injuries, and any other important evidence.
- Speaking with the insurance company alone. You may experience a few accidents in the course of your lifetime, but we deal with accidents and injuries every day, five days a week. We understand how to protect your interests right now. Do not speak to the insurance company without representation from a California injury lawyer.
- Speaking to the opposing party's insurance adjustor alone. Do not talk to the "other side's" insurance adjustor until you have consulted an experienced attorney of your own.
- Failing to protect their rights. Too many injured men and women do not focus on taking the steps necessary to protect their rights. We help you focus on the things that require your attention in order to protect yourself, your rights, and your future.
Hire the Fetto Law Group to protect your rights.
Call the Fetto Law Group today to talk to an experienced and caring Walnut Creek personal injury attorney who can effectively promote your rights and protect your rights. Attorney John Fetto has more than 30 years of experience in the legal field and he has handled close to 5,000 cases in that time, recovering more than $50 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. Let us put that experience to work for your benefit. Contact our San Francisco East Bay Area law firm today to talk to a skilled personal injury lawyer about your case during a free consultation.
John Fetto is an excellent attorney.- J P.
I'm thoroughly impressed by the first class professionalism of John Fetto.- Kerry G.
John changed our lives!- Jim P.
I am very grateful for Mr. Fetto's help.- Former Client