Walnut Creek Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Serving California Residents for More Than 30 Years
At the Fetto Law Group, our Walnut Creek motorcycle accident attorneys want to help you obtain maximum recovery after an accident so that you have the opportunity to move on with your life and receive the care and healing you deserve. Our firm has been serving injury victims in the San Francisco East Bay Area for many years.
Here are some of our extensive qualifications:
- We've handled over 3,000 cases
- Collected more than $50 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients
- Have membership in respected legal organizations, such as the Consumer Attorneys of California and the San Francisco Trial Lawyers
Proving Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
Our firm's experience gives us the edge necessary to represent you in cases involving motorcycle accidents, which are notoriously complex. Most juries are not made up of motorcyclists - a reality that often fosters a pronounced "blame the victim" mentality. While this should not happen, this unfortunately is the reality. A seasoned motorcycle accident attorney in California should be aware of this trend and prepared to combat it.
A study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in 2003 found that, in all traffic collisions between motorcyclists and cars, the driver of the car was either entirely at fault or more at fault in 80 percent of cases. This means that motorcyclists were not to blame or less to blame in four out of five traffic accidents.
These disproportionate numbers emphasize the fact that many injured motorcyclists are entitled to restitution for their injuries, and we are committed to pursuing justice on our client's behalf.
Reach out to our knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney in Walnut Creek today. Give us a call or contact us online to schedule a consultation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
If you have experienced injury as a result of one of these types of accidents, then please don't hesitate to contact Fetto Law Group to speak about your case during a free, initial consultation.
Here is a list of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents:
Cars that are making a left hand turn, often hit motorcyclists that are going through the intersection or that are turning right next to them. The motorcycle's smaller size make it less visible and therefore more vulnerable. This may be the most common type of collision between cars and motorcycles.
During traffic, motorcycles may legally travel between two lanes. Unfortunately, cars don't always look for motorcycles when merging into another lane and can hit the motorcycle.
When a car veers into oncoming traffic, the result may be especially injurious to the motorcyclist. This may happen more often when there is no divider or the driver is driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Potholes, dead animals, unsafe road conditions, uneven lanes, and other road objects can post a more serious danger to motorcycle than cars. This claim may be more difficult because the motorcyclist will have to prove that the highway was not properly maintained.
California Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle accidents are catastrophic, and unfortunately they are extremely common- particularly in California.
The latest data reported by the NHTSA showed the following statistics for motorcycle accidents in 2018:
- There were over 480 motorcyclist fatalities
- Of those fatally injured in 2018 motorcycle accidents, 449 riders were wearing helmets, 30 were not, and 9 are unknown
- It is estimated that in 2017, 287 lives were saved by helmet usage, and an additional 16 may have been saved if 100% of riders had been wearing helmets
- 14% of motor vehicle fatalities in California in 2018 were motorcycle drivers or passengers
- The average age of motorcyclists killed in accidents in 2018 was between 20 and 39 years old
If you or a family member were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact our Walnut Creek motorcycle accident lawyer today! We can also offer help if you have lost a loved one due to a motorcycle accident.
When Should I Hire a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
Following a motorcycle accident, victims may benefit from contacting an attorney as soon as possible.
A motorcycle accident attorney can assist you in many circumstances including:
- Your injury was caused by the negligence of another driver, pedestrian, or other hazard
- You have faced difficulties in receiving the care you deserve
- Your claim has been denied
WHAT CAN CALIFORNIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS DO FOR YOU?
It doesn't matter if you had a motorcycle accident in the Bay Area today, yesterday, or next week. An experienced motorcycle attorney in California can help you get the compensation that you deserve after suffering an accident.
A competent motorcycle accident attorney can serve as a stalwart representative for injured riders, ardently fighting to secure the compensation they rightfully deserve. They employ their in-depth understanding of California's motorcycle accident laws to expertly navigate the intricacies of the legal process, ensuring that their client's rights are safeguarded at all times.
Here are some of the critical services provided by motorcycle accident attorneys:
- Case Evaluation: They offer an initial case evaluation to understand the specifics of the accident and provide an honest estimation of the potential for compensation.
- Investigation: They conduct a thorough investigation of the accident to gather essential evidence that supports the client's case.
- Negotiation with Insurers: They negotiate with insurance companies on behalf of the client to secure a fair settlement amount that adequately covers medical expenses, loss of income, and other related costs.
- Representation in Court: If necessary, they represent the client in court, advocating for their rights and presenting a compelling case to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Legal Advice and Support: They provide ongoing legal advice and emotional support throughout the legal process, ensuring that clients are well-informed and comfortable every step of the way.
Remember, the ultimate goal of a motorcycle accident attorney is to ensure that injured riders receive the justice they deserve and are compensated accordingly for their losses and suffering.
The California Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Accidents
Every state has a set time limit, or statute of limitations, in which victims of motorcycle accidents are able to file their claims. In California, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. An attorney may be able to assist you in filing your claim and ensuring that important deadlines are not missed.
Walnut Creek Injury Lawyer – Get Your Free Case Evaluation
At the Fetto Law Group, we are aware of the prevalent misconceptions about bikers and motorcycle accidents, and we know how to fight against jury bias so that you are able to collect the recovery you deserve. We work from day one to build a strong and effective argument for your case so that you can be sure of having the best possible chance of securing a successful outcome.
Contact the Fetto Law Group today to schedule your free case evaluation with our Walnut Creek motorcycle accident injury lawyer and learn more about how we are ready to fight aggressively and effectively for you.
John, Sandy, & their amazing team took me from the possibility of getting nothing, to a settlement I never dreamed possible.- Rose A.
Attorney Fetto and his staff were professional, forthright and very helpful!- Marci K.
John Fetto is an excellent attorney.- J P.
I'm thoroughly impressed by the first class professionalism of John Fetto.- Kerry G.
John changed our lives!- Jim P.